FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

New wakeskates.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TrevorT
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: 941

PostPosted: Jun 07, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject: New wakeskates. Reply with quote

Whats the word on em? i'm thinkin of getting one.
I got big ol' feet, so i was wonderin if any1 knew how wide the tips were.
or how they ride in general.
i'm lookin for one thats about a 41'

some input on em would be great, i've never ridden one.

Evan71
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Santa Barbara

PostPosted: Jun 07, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you already made a topic

http://www.wakeskating.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20467

TrevorT
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Jun 07, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i realized that after i entered this.
but no1 helped anyways.

EJazzle
faceplant

City: Tequesta/orlando

PostPosted: Jun 07, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LiquidForce71, oh well..

TrevorT, i have ridden alex'x a few times and i liek em alot! they have alot of pop! and a lot of room for big feet. its a really strong board and is holding up really good! they feel really nice and stable

TrevorT
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Jun 07, 2008 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EJazzle, thank you for the input!
do you know what model you rode?

EJazzle
faceplant

City: Tequesta/orlando

PostPosted: Jun 07, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrevorT, i think alex had it customly made,

its a really good board. i liked it alot. everything feels really clean on it too.
PM alex and get the specs

BillyOLDS
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: orlando/winterpark

PostPosted: Jun 07, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a 42 thats still in good shape, ill sell it for a hundo plus shippin if u want it pm me, their boards are so solid, great rocker and super good shape!

Last edited by BillyOLDS on Jun 07, 2008 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
BB
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jun 07, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrevorT, Yeah I have been wanting one as well. I have been searching and can't find the pictures that were posted of the concave and the rails. A lot of things come up when you search "New Wakeskate" haha.
Anyone that knows where they are can you help direct...or just post some pics of a few New skates.
TrevorT
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Jun 07, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bryanbryanbb08, haha well if you go to their website you can sorta get an idea if you click on the boards
BB
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jun 07, 2008 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrevorT, yeah but you can't see the three boards that I would be interested in, Mogely, Pelican and Popy...
TrevorT
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Jun 07, 2008 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bryanbryanbb08, ya the one i want is the popy. i'm too big for the mogely and pelican. and their so cheap compared to wastin like 240 or more on an oak or something.
i want one! haha

-Supra-
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Orlando

PostPosted: Jun 07, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

wastin like 240 or more on an oak or something

wasting? oaks will by far outlast any other wood board out there...and their pop is amazing
TrevorT
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

PostPosted: Jun 07, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Supra-, my friend got his less than a month ago.
water logged. decal coming off.
and i personally dont like how they ride, no offense.

BillyOLDS
Kickflip
Kickflip

PostPosted: Jun 08, 2008 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Supra-, not to rip on oak, love em, but that was the worst statement ive heard in a long time, dont be so ignorant, if one company can make a good wood board, so can the next Smash
-Supra-
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Orlando

PostPosted: Jun 08, 2008 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

first of all, i'm talking from experience. I've owned a new/lf/satty/oak and the oak has by far taken the most abuse and has held up for two years.

and your statement makes no sense, bascially your saying if one wood board can last then they all can, which is false. they use totally different materials and building processes. so no two boards will feel the same or last the same lenght of time.
don't get me wrong, i'm not saying other companies board are bad becuase their boards break after a week or two. I was just stated my opinion after he said they were a waste of money, but thats his opinion, and I have mine. but if your previous statement was correct I dont think this would happen http://www.wakeskating.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=354738&highlight=#354738
BillyOLDS
Kickflip
Kickflip

PostPosted: Jun 08, 2008 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Supra-, i didnt say all wood boards are equal, nor did i say that every wood board is good, ive rocked a new for a long time now and have had no problems what so ever. i know that not all news are perfect, but i have also seen so many oaks completly effed after a set or two due to the manufacture, so my opinion is that every board company has their flaws like the rest. u stated that oaks will out last every board out there, and they simply dont, some may and for sure alot have...but that doesnt mean they dont have their own issues, mikey makes a sick skate and i love the horan to death, but that in no way makes it superior to my new. im saying that its wood, if one company can put together a solid wood board, so can some1 else, not that all do, but its possible. the fact that ur experience makes oak ur favorite is great, but that doesnt take away from new or anyone else. ive seen stacks of oaks split, warped and all sorts of effed up, so does that make oak suck, no, does that make new superior, no. im saying that new makes a great product and ur saying oak is better, have fun with that and just ride oak for life, but dont come onto a thread about new and make ignorant claims that mislead poeple. state ur knowledge about new, not ur opinion on oak, thats all
BB
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jun 08, 2008 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone post some pics of a New or direct to a thread...
BillyOLDS
Kickflip
Kickflip

PostPosted: Jun 08, 2008 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bryanbryanbb08, if i had a workin digi i woood sry
feelnjstfine
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Portland

PostPosted: Jun 08, 2008 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Supra-, ususally I just sit back and look at what people have to say about our boards, but because of the fact that you have used an isolated instance to characterize the quality of our boards I have to speak up..

1. Just because a board breaks on the first set, how can you completely know that it is 100% the companies fault that the board broke and not rider error. Yeah we are gonna hook him up with a new board because we feel bad that that happen to anyone, but even then we don't know the circumstances and exactly how it happened. He could've been going w2w and cased it while his feet were in the perfect position to break a board and instead of bailing when he should've he instead tried to stick it. Face it, they're wood skate boards with the word wake attached to them. I've been on plenty of skateboard missions where I saw someone break a few boards in a session and they always understood that it's just something that could happen and it wasn't because the company made crappy boards, they just landed perfectly wrong. Yeah I know we're on water, but when you're going w2w and goin close to 30 mph because of edging, water starts to behave alot like concrete.

2.If that(you're attachment) is a true testament of the quality of our boards, how come the last time we had to give Andy P (someone that pushes and rides harder than 99% of people will ever ride in their life) a new board wasn't because he broke it but because he had worn down layers of wood hitting concrete rails and such and had simply ridden the board to death. On top of that, the last board Ruark broke he took full responsability for it( photo shoot trying to stick things he knew would break any board, yeah he's snapped composite boards before too)and Robin(Mr. New himself), Kieth, and Barrett( all guys that go huge and often) have never snapped or broke one of their boards.

3. How many other wood skate companies out there are actually pushing design with their own manufacturing process and design( not just copying Cassettes '03 concave design) and actually producing their own boards 100% in house? Sorry, can't really think of any. Because of this, sure we're gonna have some teething issues, but any that we have that we know is linked to our process, we are going to take full responsibility for and act accordingly, no matter if that means eating some boards on warrenty( even if it hurts majorly considering we are a small 4 man opperation) or tweaking our production process. We stand behind what we make and are very proud of that.
ethan31
Pop Shuvit
Pop Shuvit

PostPosted: Jun 08, 2008 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone can get pictures of the popy concave. Please post them.
I emailed new the other day about it and he said they are going to update there site? He said by Friday, that didnt happen. So I will keep checking back. It looks like a sick board and for $155 shipped, You cant beat that anywhere.

feelnjstfine, Is there anyway of looking at OAK's concaves? All I can ever find is bottom pictures. If you have any please PM me....thanks--
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Add To Favorites

Jump to: