FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Hyperlite Bi-Level: Fact or Fiction?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave Barousse
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Nov 08, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ridethefire02,
That was discussed way back when Cassette first released the news about the bi-level. Do a search for "bi-level" and read through the posts.
INDEFINITE
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Nov 08, 2004 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, ridethefire, you are right, it is the same LOOKING concept, trying to take something that is ridden on the surface of a certain medium, and raising it to give you leverage, that is an excellent observation. If, not saying you don't, skate then you will understand that this concept (bi-lev) mimic's the way a skateboard functions, especially when you ollie. Not to say that the bi-lev was a stolen concept, but to actually admit that the inspiration came from the way a snow-deck works, is the truth, but taking that concept/ idea (a snowdeck) and putting it into water will actually make a snowdeck not work. The concepts look the same, but function differently, the physics that is. Cassette is not bitching about anything, if you were to say that, then thomas should be pretty pissed off at the wakeskate industry as a whole, right? Was he not the first to press wood flat decks, so with hyperlite he should be pissed with all the wakeskate related mfgs, including sattelyte as well, right? So basically it is all about evolving the sport. If you think that taking one product and evolving it to suit the needs of a different medium is copying/ or stealing ideas, well then I do it everyday.
BillyOLDS
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: orlando/winterpark

PostPosted: Nov 08, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i get wat ridethefire is saying and i agree to a point but i do beleive/know that thomas wasnt the first to think of the idea. he was just the first to make it work. i agree with making a patent and getting the money for the idea and it will make other companies make new and better ideas.
kento911
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Phoenix

PostPosted: Nov 08, 2004 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually PIRATE I like every body, I realize what goes on in a corporately dominated highly gimmick dependant, and highly competitive industry, so I used to say that singling out HO was bs, but anymore I don't have time for these 15/yo bash threads, to them I say start your own buisness or run someone elses at a level of personal responsibility, and then call me back. the truth is that if this kinda crap didn't occour in every industry then there would be no need for patents,a nd they wouldn't cost 10 to 15 thousand dollars, truth is that Jason Messer, and some riders in europe were wakeskating about the same time as Thomas started, if not sooner, but nobody accusses him of biting, and Im not saying they should, the truth is there are only so many gimmicks to go around in one industry, and singling out hype for the borrowing EVERYBODY does is a little unfair, but hey who the eff am I the fairness police so pretty much my opinion is everybody can flame there asses off, b/c you guys(with a few exceptions, and no I don't think Im an exception) aren't intimately involved in this industry day by day, and you really have nothing to say that holds any validity.
PIRATE

PostPosted: Nov 08, 2004 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOU are kent from kent's sporting goods arent you Laughing

j/k when we gona ride sucka
seven11dmd
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Northern VA

PostPosted: Nov 08, 2004 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ridethefire02, all the crap your talking about cassette is really making Satelyte look good and makes me want to own one and be part of everything you stand for .... Rolling Eyes
PIRATE

PostPosted: Nov 08, 2004 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually it makes me want to buy one
PIRATE

PostPosted: Nov 08, 2004 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and burn it Birthday
kento911
Kickflip
Kickflip

PostPosted: Nov 08, 2004 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PIRATE,shhhhhhh don't tell my secret, we'll go ride as soon as I buy cassette and Integrity out muh hah hahahaha J/K
I want to go out this weekend or next, but for sure I am going to be out all thanksgiving week we gotsta go ride then, Ill loan you a wetsuit, just don't pee in it LOL Smash Laughing

kento911
Kickflip
Kickflip

PostPosted: Nov 08, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey ease offa sattelyte, they are cool, I have talked to the owner via email, and Ride the fire02 shouldn't represent the whole company, if you want the real deal holyfield on Sattelyte then hit up Johnny Utah on here he's the guy to ask
PIRATE

PostPosted: Nov 08, 2004 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10-4 good buddy. i wont be here for thanksgiving and ive been riding like 3-4 times a week in this wet suit i borrowed from my step dad. yesterday 2 of the guys i ride with didn't even wear a wetsuit
kento911
Kickflip
Kickflip

PostPosted: Nov 08, 2004 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PIRATE, your going to be gone the whole week of thanksgiving???
seven11dmd
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Northern VA

PostPosted: Nov 08, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kento911, i sure hope he doesnt represent the company....

you gotta admit he isnt making them look good by any means

BillyOLDS
Kickflip
Kickflip

PostPosted: Nov 08, 2004 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree he may not be in this forum but his riding is super good and he is super nice guy from wat i know, he just has a strong opinion on this subject that others dont agree with
electricsnow
cassette

City: Jefferton

PostPosted: Nov 08, 2004 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave's right, the snow deck/bi-lev controversy has been discussed before. (and fully played!) I wanted to pipe in, yet again, that I think it's pretty freaking amazing that cassette could use a concept from snowboarding, along with properties of physics from skating, and mesh it all up into a freaking awesome looking board for the water. Like, using a fulcrum? I sucked at physics, I freaking hated it, and the last thing I could ever think of incorporating into a board design is a fulcrum.

Maybe you all will find this to be vomitotious and retarded, but there are some guys involved in this industry that have so much creativity and so much insight when it comes to product design that it blows my mind. And that's who I want to support (and who I do support). And in my opinion, those are the guys that are taking this activity in a healthy and progressive direction. SCHRALP ON!!!

And kento is right--there's this picture in a wakeboarding magazine from 1995 of a dude doing a "strapless ollie" and a "strapless lipslide" and he's like, european or something. Wakeboarding magazine thought it would never catch on...

But quite frankly, The fresh water traction designs are completely different than any cassette design, material wise so I wouldn't even be able to call it a ripoff. Now, centerweighted designs, on the other hand...well, that can be traced directly to one dude. but whatever, it's all semantics at this point.

Crazy Eyes MY EYES, MY EYES.....

BillyOLDS
Kickflip
Kickflip

PostPosted: Nov 08, 2004 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

electricsnow, you speak like u have a big insight in the idustry? how? i didnt think u lived in orlando. i lived in tampa and felt like i knew alot of stuff, well i thought until i moved here
kento911
Kickflip
Kickflip

PostPosted: Nov 09, 2004 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

electricsnow, Im not saying Thomas should be accused of biting anyone, Im saying that the logic ussed by most people on here is a bit rediculous and it's pretty obvious how clueless they are when they "get ta flaming" my post was more on the industry as a whole, I would recommend re-reading it at your leasure, if you missed that.
G-squadriderz
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: Walnut Creek/NOR*CAL

PostPosted: Nov 09, 2004 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the new bi-level wakeskate almost seems surreal and almost a new species of wakeskating not a real wakeskate.
PIRATE

PostPosted: Nov 09, 2004 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G-squadriderz, I think that we all need to ride one, I wonder if it is so good that the whole wake skate industrie is going to have to make bi-level decks or if its going to be just personal preference. you know what i mean is it going to be so good that if your not riding a bi-level your not going to be able to do the same tricks as some one who is IDK, does anyone get what im saying Confused
Dave Barousse
Faceplant
Faceplant

PostPosted: Nov 09, 2004 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PIRATE,
That would be an interesting dicussion. You should start a new topic about the Bi-level decks become the "standard". I'd like to see what everyone thinks about that since you all will in fact be the ones buying them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Add To Favorites

Jump to: