FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Vestless
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PIRATE

PostPosted: Jul 13, 2005 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i used to ride with out a vest but in the last 2 weeks or so ive been riding with one even though i only ride in about 3 ft deep of water, mainly because im having a kid and its time to stop thinking about myself, anyway just cause you saw a video of people riding with out a vest doesn't mean its cool, ive seen videos of guys kissing and have yet to do that. Laughing

anyway your parents love you to much for you to ride vestless, and i hate to say it but since you posted this you probably have it coming now (its funy how God works) Laughing
SamHill
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: Lacey

PostPosted: Jul 13, 2005 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O'Neil Vapor. Best vest out there.
electricsnow
cassette

City: Jefferton

PostPosted: Jul 13, 2005 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always ride with a vest and I don't have any desire to ride without one. "The Freedom" to me is bull honkey. Freedom to me is living another day to go out and ride and do what I love to do. It's been said before, but it's funny how something we love so much can hurt us so badly, whether it be through a demolished knee or death. As it's said "that's just my opinion."

Quite frankly, I don't want to die while wakeskating. It's kind of funny to me how some of you think you have control over all of the conditions (or just have the conditions under control)--water depth, currents, "being able to swim", etc. But that shizzle happens so fast it's ridiculous.

And by the way, corey was doing a very simple maneuver on his wakeboard--a 180 or something--when he got taken out for good. It doesn't necessarily take a difficult trick to die from something you love. But uh, let me know how easy it is to swim when you're unconscious and sinking...

integrity640
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Ocala

PostPosted: Jul 13, 2005 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

electricsnow, excellente senorita Razz

AnchorsAwayWake <======check it
urinal mint
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jul 13, 2005 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my condolences to corey, just read the article.

i have a nevin swat vest and i can hardly feel it. vest are just like seatbelts, it's one of the easiest ways to save your life.
-=AlexXx=-
Pillage & Plunder

City: yes

PostPosted: Jul 13, 2005 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riding with a vest feels nice, sometimes when scottyb and i ride doubles i dont ride with one cuz i dont really do much, just carve around and stuff lil shuvs, and if im in extremtly shallow water i wont sometimes, but really... life jackets keep u afloat so udont have to sit there kicking when u fall and are waiting for the boat to come around, first time i rode without one i was so tired cuz every time i fell i had to ist there and kick and it got old.
tribal
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: whistler/pemberton

PostPosted: Jul 13, 2005 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to ride without a vest.My feeling was if I surfed all these years without one why do I need one now?Then a couple years ago I knocked the wind out of myself strapping without a vest on and I'll tell you it was an uncomfortable feeling.Now I always wear at least a comp vest.
Our lake we board on also averages over 600ft deep so it's kinda a scary thought that you would go down to probably never be found again Shocked

TYLER**
Backside 180
Backside 180

City: baton rouge

PostPosted: Jul 13, 2005 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

some vests out there dont even keep you afloat. i ride with a rip curl stealth and if im holding my breath and not moving my mouth is hardly ever out of the water and if i lose my breath i sink...and not like go down 6 inches and stop, i mean keep going down till i decide to come up. ive just recently started not wearing one but i usually take 3 or 4 runs and then put it on( i usually ride second and dont like putting on a wet vest. i dont really have a say in the whole thing becuase i dont mind a vest, but to me riding feels different without one...and a good different. not just the freedom but well im not really sure but if theres any doubt wear one i guess
myers
Frontside 180
Frontside 180

City: VENICE

PostPosted: Jul 13, 2005 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to all you guys who dont in shallow water but do in deep, I think its more important to wear it in shallow water because its alot easier to hit your head and also it absorbs more of the impact when you hit the ground.
Matt_French

PostPosted: Jul 13, 2005 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hate this topic...it bothers me alot. I don't think that it should even be discussed...because all you end up doing is promoting riding without a vest.

For the ppl who think that wakeboarding is different than wakeskating...ergo, Cordell's death is irrelevant. That is absolute BS. If anything i would say that you have more of a chance of getting knocked out on a wakeskate...think about it...you are riding around on a buoyant, rigid board...that isn't secured to your feet. The chances of you landing on your board head first...or your board landing on your head is greatly increased. And all is takes is to be knocked out, face down in the water, and i dont care how fast a boat gets to you...one breath of water and it's lights out.

On another note...there should be a rule that doesn't professional wakeskaters/boarders or whatever to ride in a video without a vest....because again...it just promotes that behavior.

like i said, this topic really bothers me...especially when there are younger, impressionable, kids who come on this site read about other ppl who say they love riding without a vest.

One Martyr is enough...If you are going to ride behind a boat...on any medium...wear a vest.
BillyOLDS
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: orlando/winterpark

PostPosted: Jul 13, 2005 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i never wear one, im sorry but i dont like the vest fealing, i smoke cigarettes and hardly wear a seat belt, i may just have a death wish but to me its fun, but lately ive been better about the seatbelt thing.
2-Keys
Ollie
Ollie

City: Kingsford, MI

PostPosted: Jul 13, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

man i always wear a vest. i jsut feel better knowing that ill float when i fall. it doesnt really bother me cause ive got a ngga vest and its never in the way. in fact it helps make falls feel softer when i fall (which i do a lot) sorry SleuCrew that really sucks
urinal mint
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jul 13, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

headhuntermx4, no death wish, you're just a moron.
TYLER**
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jul 13, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

urinal mint wrote:
headhuntermx4, no death wish, you're just a moron.

...says the guy who misses a flaming shot and burns his neck...then spits fire

if thats you, btw that clips awesome i watch it like 5 times everytime i see it

and is that guy trying to put the fire out by using more alcohol??
integrity640
Kickflip
Kickflip

City: Ocala

PostPosted: Jul 13, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TYLER**, good point lol

urinal mint, that is pretty funny whoever that is

AnchorsAwayWake <======check it
nick
Island Rat

City: Honokowai

PostPosted: Jul 13, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt_French wrote:
The chances of you landing on your board head first...or your board landing on your head is greatly increased. And all is takes is to be knocked out, face down in the water, and i dont care how fast a boat gets to you...one breath of water and it's lights out.

Are you saying it's not going to happen if you wear a vest? No vest I've ever ridden with has ever been able to flip me over from face down to on my back...

Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jul 13, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the gif image in my sig is not me or in any way related to me.
TYLER**
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jul 13, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

urinal mint, its still really cool
urinal mint
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jul 13, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TYLER**, <3
TYLER**
Backside 180
Backside 180

PostPosted: Jul 13, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooooooo score i can see it twice at the same time now Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeskating.com Forum Index -> General Wakeskating All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Add To Favorites

Jump to: